procmail exit status with quotas and sendmail

1998-11-24 08:00:36
How can I make sendmail recognize when procmail fails to deliver one mail
message because of quota exceeded, so that sendmail can return an
appropriate message to the sender?

I?m running sendmail 8.9.1 on Digital Unix 4.0b with procmail v3.11pre7 as
local delivery agent. I installed procmail as local delivery agent in
sendmail using the ?local_procmail?  M4 feature, which  inserted in the .cf
file the following line:

Mlocal,         P=/usr1/procm/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPhnu9, S=11/31,
R=21/31, T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix, A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u

Procmail recognizes when it fails because of quota exceeded and prints  an
appropriate syslog message, but it seems to return the EX_CANTCREAT exit
status (which is collected by sendmail) for any kind of failure, being the
failure caused by quota or by any other reason.

Thank you for any help

mauro