Work around for problem with big mails

1998-11-28 06:26:37
Hi,

we discussed the problem of forwarding big mails in this mailinglist a few
weeks ago. We have the problem under BSDi 4.0 and do not yet have a
solution. Therefore I would like to show you a work around for that problem.

Here the procmail rules:

:0
* ^To:\/.*
{
   RECEIVER = $MATCH

* $ B ?? > 4000000
{
  :0 c
  /var/mail/user
  :0
  |(formail -rt -I"From: hostmaster(_at_)domain(_dot_)com" \
  -I"To: $RECEIVER" \
  -I"Subject: Mail > 4 MB"; \
  cat bigmails.txt)|$SENDMAIL $RECEIVER

Further forwarding rules...

Explanation:
All mails bigger than 4 MB are not forwarded to an external address, but
stored to the POP (/var/mail/user). Instead of this big mail a small message
(bigmail.txt) is sent to the external address to inform him, that he can
find the big mail in his POP-Account.

Comments to this solution are appreciated.

--
Best Regards
 Robin Fundinger