Re: help help need to get off this mailing list

1998-12-05 11:27:01
Can you help me get removed from the procmail mailing list? I get TONS of
email daily, and currently cannot use procmail, due to the mail program I
use, and the fact that it appears too complicated for me to spend the time
required to learn it.

Actually, I get MUCH more procmails than SPAM, which was my original purpose
for checking it out.

I will keep the website in my bookmarks and may return if / when either SPAM
overwhelms me or when I have more time.

If you cannot help with this, can you please direct me to whomever can?

Thanks,

mjg

-----Original Message-----
From: Fabrice Noilhan <Fabrice(_dot_)Noilhan(_at_)ens(_dot_)fr>
To: Joi Ellis <Joi(_dot_)Ellis(_at_)cdc(_dot_)com>
Cc: procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de
<procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de>
Date: Saturday, December 05, 1998 9:28 AM
Subject: Re: Action line confusion

On Fri, Dec 04, 1998 at 05:28:52PM -0600, Joi Ellis wrote:
What I really want it to do is:

:0 H
* Content-Type.*multipart/report
{
  :0 wi
  * >4096
  | head -$TRUNCATELINES | gzip -fc >>$DEFAULT

  :0 w
  | gzip -fc >>$DEFAULT
}

But, no matter what I try to do, the damn thing appends the gzip program
binarh into the mailbox, not the gzipped message content.

The following works well for me:

:0
* ^From:.*noilhan
* ^Subject: *pm-gzip
{
 :0 wi
 * >4096
 |head |gzip -fc >> blah.gz

 :0 w
 |gzip -fc >> blah.gz
}

Could you tell us more about it? (verbose, which gzip...)

Fabrice
--
Fabrice(_dot_)Noilhan(_at_)ens(_dot_)fr
http://www.eleves.ens.fr/~noilhan