Re: + addressing

1998-12-06 19:57:44
On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, Matthew G. Saroff wrote:

Hi,
      I've tried + addressing, and the mail gets bounced back.
      I've tried to send to msaroff+testing(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com(_dot_)
      Am I using this notation incorrectly.

O.k., lemme give this a shot.  Here's what the pcrc man file says:

a+       Any sequence of one or more a's

The way you've got it, it'll look for one or more f's after msaroff, which
it will never find.  Try this

msaroff +testing(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com   or
msaroff(_dot_)+testing(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com

Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm off; I'm still getting the hang of
this stuff, too.

Greg
http://www.slip.net/~batchman