Re: howto run procmail on INBOX?

1998-12-07 10:38:59
On Mon 07 Dec, Dnp wrote:

Hi procmailers,

Can anyone tell me how I can run procmail on my existing INBOX? I would
like to sort my INBOX (/home/dnp) with some new rules.

If my this you mean an IMAP "INBOX", then what you want is "icat"...it
comes in the same set of utilities that contains "dmail".

icat allows you to 'cat' an IMAP folder to stdout.

The utils package also contains 'mbxcvt' which will convert from 'IMAP'
style folders to (for example) mbox folders, which procmail will handle
directly.

The IMAP utils are available here:

http://www.go.dlr.de/fresh/unix/src/contrib/imap-utils.tar.gz

you'll need the main Washington Uni IMAP distribution also, because
it links with a library from that distribution...

ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/imap/imap.tar.Z

John.

--
  John Beranek, Software Engineer,  Information Appliances Division,
    Acorn Computers Limited.       Web site: http://www.acorn.com/