Re: howto run procmail on INBOX?

1998-12-08 02:29:00
On Mon, 7 Dec 1998 10:27:12 -0600 (CST), Mark Shaw
<mshaw(_at_)asic(_dot_)sc(_dot_)ti(_dot_)com> wrote:
Can anyone tell me how I can run procmail on my existing INBOX? I would
like to sort my INBOX (/home/dnp) with some new rules.
Here's what I do:
formail -ns procmail newrules.rc < /usr/spool/mail/mshaw

This is risky for various reasons. You should lock your spool file
before starting procmail on it, or actually preferrably move it to a
different file and empty the spool file, and then run procmail on the
copy.
  The procmail(1) manual page has a script which does this (search for
"cron"; not the "SEE ALSO" occurrence though, of course).

/* era */

--
.obBotBait: It shouldn't even matter whether    <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
I am a resident of the state of Washington. <http://members.xoom.com/procmail/>