Re: Detecting bounces

1998-12-08 02:35:32
On Mon, 7 Dec 1998 17:41:35 -0500, Matthew Harrell
<mharrell(_at_)std(_dot_)saic(_dot_)com> wrote:
        How can I detect bounce messages from all kinds of MTA's? I
know how to detect bounces from sendmail and qmail, but all the
systems I've encountered seem to do it somewhat differently.

That, as they say, is the problem.

If you are looking for a simple recipe which will catch all bounces,
there is no such recipe.

I can offer you some M$ Exchange bounces you can study if you want to
figure out if there is any method to that madness. :-)

/* era */

--
.obBotBait: It shouldn't even matter whether    <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
I am a resident of the state of Washington. <http://members.xoom.com/procmail/>