Re: How can I force Procmail to write an action to the logfile?

1998-12-11 19:54:37
On Sat, 12 Dec 1998, Markus Wiedemeier wrote:

I have currently follow environment variables set:

PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/procmail.log
VERBOSE=no
SENDMAIL=/usr/bin/sendmail

<snip>

I cannot run the system in verbose mode on the whole time, but I
would like to record each message delivery and the mailbox to
which it was sent. This should also happen on carbon-copies (in
case the same message is addressed to the
firstuser(_at_)mdomain(_dot_)com and to the
seconduser(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com)

I have gone through the faq's but could not trace this point (yet)

- any guess what I should change?

You might try using a separate log file that only records email that you
want procmail to act on.  You could pluck out the header for example and
just record that information in the file.

Good luck,

Mark L. Turrin                                     mlt(_at_)linkzone(_dot_)com
---
In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.