Re: How can I force Procmail to write an action to the logfile?

1998-12-12 02:06:28
On 11 Dec 98, at 21:22, Philip Guenther wrote:

.
:0 c
* ^TOfirstuser(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
* !^FROM_DAEMON
! my(_dot_)mailbox(_at_)provider(_dot_)it

Sigh, you're doing a virtual domain in procmail.  I'll just note here that
it won't work for some resent messages, Bcc's, and mailing lists and that
to fix it will require going to the MTA level.  But that's not your
question.

I like to reply anyhow shortly and give you a "why" I did this.

I will eventually solve the problem of the Bcc's, resent messages
and mailing lists, by using virtualmail (on HE seem to have no other
tools available), but this forwards mail only to single receivers,
reason for which I had (against the instructions of the manual and
a lot of advice) tried to implement anyhow a "virtual domain". I know
about the limits and therefore I'm sending the messages which do
not get filtered to mymailbox in order to measure the amount of
problems immediately when they occur.

If I should measure too many errors I will adjust by filtering all mail
first through virtualmail and limit the action of procmail to the
forwarding of messages to multiple users.

thanks for the clear advice on the logfile. I will try this one
immediately. I'm sure it will be what I needed.

-
Markus Wiedemeier
phone +39-348-3864636 - mailto:pingu(_at_)tin(_dot_)it
Damco Maritime   http://www.damcomar.com
Pegasus Mail     http://www.netconfig.com/pegasus/
CARGO-L          http://www.damcomar.com/cargo2.htm
Geweb            http://www.geweb.com