Re: cannot open mailbox

1998-12-26 19:16:31
it would be very strange indeed if you cant write to /tmp -

what are the permissions on that directory? man thats weird. you're scaring me.

On Sat, Dec 26, 1998 at 10:21:39PM +0000, Andreas Kotowicz - MyNetiX wrote:
-} Hi!
-}
-} I'm having a problem with my mail server. If I want to get mail via pop3, I
-} always get the message: "cannot open mailbox /var/spool/mail/user". but the
-} privilegs are all alright. So I made a .procmailrc in my home and now if I
-} do a "mail" I get "/tmp/Rxa29672: Permission denied". What's this all about?
-}
-}
-} Thanks in advance
-}
-} Andreas Kotowicz

Mark Luntzel                    |       Caress hair
CriticalPath -- www.cp.net      |       trigger,
voice: 415.808.8706             |       Strong circle,
pager: 415.xxx.xxxx             |       I fire first
not a grumpy sysadmin           |       Cream of enemy.