\n on LOG=

1998-12-29 16:03:26
Well, I'm stumped, so I better ask the experts. :)
I'd like to put a little extra info in my procmail log file,
namely the From: line, so I've been putting the following
in my recipe:

        :0
        * <some stuff>
        { LOGABSTRACT=all
          LOG=`formail -XFrom:`
        }
        :0:
        deliver-here

Thing is, there's no linefeed at the end of the LOG line,
so the logfile looks pretty ugly when the next stuff gets
unceremoniously appended.  I've tried the obvious (to me),
adding a "\n", enclosing the formail bit in "echo", adding
another dummy LOG=`echo ""`, all to no avail.

What's the secret?  Many thanks in advance,
jimo(_at_)eskimo(_dot_)com