Re: Recurring email filter - part II

1999-01-08 12:30:04
On Fri, 8 Jan 1999 12:20:22 -0600,
toddl(_at_)t045(_dot_)dseg(_dot_)ti(_dot_)com
(Todd Lindstrom) wrote:
procmail: Skipped "C"

You want a lowercase c here; case is significant.

Some other spurious comments:

  :0B
  * ? diff /home/toddl/Mail/toddltest-old /home/toddl/.toddlcompare ;

You don't really have to save to a temp file before you compare; just
tell diff to run against standard input (the meaning of the B flag is
to feed the body to diff; if diff doesn't read its standard input,
it's superfluous. I probably forgot to add - to tell diff to read
stdin, though). (If your version of diff doesn't permit this, try
cmp(1) or something instead.)

I've taken the liberty to implement the locking I talked about
yesterday, too.

    LOCKFILE=$HOME/toddltest.lock

    :0B
    * ? diff /home/toddl/Mail/toddltest-old -
    /dev/null  # If we get here, it means diff returned 0, for no differences

    :0E # else
    {
        :0i
        | rsh mysun playit -v30 doorbell.au  # </dev/null etc?

        :0bc
        ! mypop(_at_)ti(_dot_)com

        :0b:
        /home/toddl/Mail/toddltest-old
    }

    LOCKFILE

This is untested as usual. Still, hope this helps,

/* era */

--
.obBotBait: It shouldn't even matter whether    <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
I am a resident of the state of Washington. <http://members.xoom.com/procmail/>