"Virtual recipients" processing without actual user accounts

1999-01-14 09:08:39
Hi,

pretty new to this list, and already a question (well, what did you expect?) ;-)

I'm about to set up a box with "virtual" mail handling. This means, that
incoming mail shall be

- identified by local-part and domain
- filed into a specific mailbox depending on the above

The FM makes me believe that this may be achieved by means of calling
procmail with -m and some appropriate .rc.

I couldn't find anything about

- what recipes procmail goes through if there's no /etc/procmailrc
  on the system
- how it decides whether an address/local-part is valid or not
- how procmail selects the mailbox to drop the email

and of course

- how I can influence/override all these ;-)

Any help, pointers or recipes are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
                Elmi.

--
  | \  / |\/|  Gesellschaft fuer Internet, Vernetzung und Mehrwertdienste mbH
  |  \/  |  |  Zissener Str. 8 - D-53498 Waldorf - +49 2636 9769-0 - Fax -999

 The Net People.       Elmar K. Bins (ekb(_at_)ivm(_dot_)net)
http://www.ivm.net/