fetchpop and procmail?

1999-01-14 09:10:39
I've looked through all the FAQs, links, and tutorials I can find for
procmail, and I'm still lost.  I will admit that this is probably a really
stupid question, but here goes.
The machine I want to use procmail on does not keep mail locally; rather,
it connects to another server where the mail is stored.  I have installed
fetchpop to get the mail to /var/spool/mail/lyonsj, and now I'd like to
use procmail.  I've set up the .forward and the .procmailrc files, and
nothing is happening.  When, exactly, is the .forward file invoked?  Is it
upon the appending of the /var/spool/mail/username file?
At any rate, any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Jen

                                      Arthur C. Clarke