procmail

Re: formail error ("failure (1)")

1999-02-01 02:00:34
Hi Darren,
I could be wrong but I thought the limit on the id cache was 8192
 try that instead of 10000 aside from that the same setup does me fine.

        cya,    Andrew...

On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, Darren Wyn Rees wrote:

i'm having difficulty fixing a problem with formail.   using
it to maintain a cache of msg-ids (to avoid dupes)
procmail recipe is :

      :0 Whc: msgid.lock
      | /usr/bin/formail -D 10000 msgid.cache

      :0 a:
      /home/merlin/.sbwr/dupe

it's been working fine for about a year.  then recently, i
started running some list archives thru procmail to weed out
dupes, and it didn't work.

proclog gives :

procmail: Locking "msgid.lock"
procmail: Executing "/usr/bin/formail,-D,10000,msgid.cache"
procmail: Program failure (1) of "/usr/bin/formail"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/usr/bin/formail -D 10000 msgid.cache"
procmail: Unlocking "msgid.lock"

it's odd : if the msgid.cache file does not exist, it will log
the first msgid to pass through it.  however, it doesn't log
any more.   --- any ideas ?

--
Darren Wyn Rees       The Welsh Verb Emporium
http://www.netlink.co.uk/users/merlin/berfau/