Re: Best way to extra To: address?

1999-02-12 09:48:31
At 09:46 1999-02-12 -0500, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:

 TO=|formail -I From -R To: From: | formail -rtzx To:

Which works, but isn't all that pretty.  Is there a better way?

Dunno about it really being better (certainly yours is better at self
documenting), but this involves just one invocation of formail:

TO=|formail -tzrx From: -I From -R To: From:

Yes, that is using the From: header for the reply extraction.

I'd be interested in hearing from the more experienced hands at what the
pitfalls may be with this syntax, or if it violates some parsing order
which may cause it to not work if formail undergoes revision.

Of course, you should remember that if the message doesn't have a TO:
header (say it was addressed with CC: or BCC:), you're going to get an
empty field.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395