Re: Best way to extra To: address?

1999-02-12 20:58:00
At 17:44 1999-02-12 -0800, Jim Osborn spoke:

My script would undoubtedly be better if it used the RT line if
present.  I looked for something equivalent to "formail -rztx To:"
that would use the From: or Reply-to:, but came up empty.

Ah, but that's just it:  by using -r, formail has created the To: field
from the From: field - or the Reply-To:, etc.  The use of To: may be
misleading you -- it is the To: address which has been determined as
appropriate for a reply TO the sender, not the To: from the original message.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395