Re: Mail Loop - need to delete

1999-03-02 08:12:54
1999-03-02-00:49:32 Hermann Wecke:
After forwarding the mail to another domain - not under my administration,
this e-mail is returned back to my domain.

After the first forward, I need to discard the returned message.

Recommended approach is to add a special magic header when you forward a note,
and check for that header and refuse to forward the duplicate if it comes
around again. E.g., adapted from an example in procmailex(5):

        :0 Dhcf
        | formail -A"X-Loop: your(_at_)own(_dot_)mail(_dot_)address"

        :0 a
        ! remote(_at_)addr(_dot_)to(_dot_)forward

-Bennett