Once again PROCMAIL filtering possibilities

1999-03-02 09:46:24
Dear everybody,

Last Sunday I wrote the following message to this list:

        Smartlist stores the subscriber's e-mail in a file called .dist.

        With respect to the message mentioned above, I now that not
        all subscribers are interested in its entire content. F.e.
        suscriber one is only interested in p1 and p3, suscriber two in
        p2,  number three in p2 and p3 and suscriber four only in p3.

        The specific interests of each of the subscribers could be
        stored in the same .dist file, as I know that  Smartlist allows
        you to place additional comments after the subscriber e-mail in
        the .dist file. Referring to the example above, my .dist would
        look like this:

        subscriber(_dot_)one(_at_)sipromicro(_dot_)com (p1+p3)
        subscriber(_dot_)two(_at_)forexample(_dot_)org (p2)
        subscriber(_dot_)three(_at_)whatever(_dot_)net (p2+p3)
        subscriber(_dot_)four(_at_)abc(_dot_)com (p3)

    Then I come to my question: would PROCMAIL be able to process
    and filter my standard message for the mailing list in such a way
    that each subscriber would receive a specific message, containing
    only the paragraphs of his or her interest?

    If yes, please give me some hints how to do this.

    If not, what alternatives are available?

    I hope I made the problem clear to you.

    I would really appreciate your help and advice. Thanking you
    advance, I send my very best regards,

    each subject.
have 500 subscribers with 30 different interests. Hence, I would
have to manage 30 different mailinlists.

Therefore, if Era says that it "sounds possible" then I would like to
give it a try. However, I can not do this without your help. So please
give me some clues where to start. In the meantime, as  I am a
newbie on this list and on PROCMAIL, I''ll do my homework and go
through the manuals.

Awaiting any appreciated help, I send my very best regards,

-brt

Bert Hiddink, FUNDACION GALILEO
Correo electronico: hiddink(_at_)sipromicro(_dot_)com
Sitio: www.sipromicro.com
Tel. (506) 280 8683, telefax. (506) 280 8847