III PROCMAIL filtering possibilities

1999-03-03 18:35:01
Dear Era,

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate your help. Referring to
your message:

How exactly do you propose to identify which interests a particular
paragraph pertains to? Should the message authors tag their messages
somehow or are the messages always in a fixed format which you can
parse with a script?

If possible, then I would prefer the first option you mention, that
is, tag the paragraphs according the specific interest they reflect
and than send this message as a whole to the mailing list. Then
PROCMAIL would have to match each paragraph with the subscriber's
interest, specified in the .dist file of Smart list, and then send a
"tailored message" to each subscriber.

I''ll hope it is possible this way.

Awaiting your response, I send send you many thanks in advance for
your help.

-brt:)

   Bert Hiddink, FUNDACION GALILEO
   Correo electronico: hiddink(_at_)sipromicro(_dot_)com
   Sitio: http://www.sipromicro.com
   Tel. (506) 280 8683, telefax. (506) 280 8847