Re: Adding Messages to Bounced Mail

1999-03-11 17:08:55
++ 11.03.1999, 11:18:30 (-0800) = michael(_at_)trollope(_dot_)org:
The text would inform them who returned the message & why & admonish
them that their spamming me is not acceptable.  I'd also inform them
that a copy of their spam with the included message has been bounced
to their ISP.

I suggest you don't reply.

If you would like to reply to spam, do it by sending complaints to the
spammers provider. But, be carefull when analyzing the Received lines.
Except for the forgeries it may also be possible that the spammer is his
own provider in which you'll have to sent your complaints to their
upstream.
The reason for not replying to a spam itself is that you will tell the
spammer the address he used is a valid one. This will cause you to
receive even more spams after a while. Bouncing may be solution
(although i would not like to try it), but then you should make it look
like it as regular bounce. So don't add any texts.

Maybe i did misunderstand your mail, english is not my first language.
If you think i got something wrong, feel free to mail me.

-Rejo.

--
= SISTER RAY [sister(_at_)mediaport(_dot_)org] / REJO
[rejo(_at_)sisterray(_dot_)xs4all(_dot_)nl]