Re: cookies > /dev/null ?

1999-03-15 21:21:33
On 16 March 1999, homega(_at_)vlc(_dot_)servicom(_dot_)es
<homega(_at_)vlc(_dot_)servicom(_dot_)es> wrote:
Hi,

      since some web sites won't allow you to go ahead unless you
accept the cookie(s), I was wondering whether it would be possible to
set the browser (netscape communicator 4.5) to accept the cookies, but
processing them at the same time to /dev/null

    AFAICT, HTTP cookies have nothing to do with mail, so you can't
redirect them with procmail.  You might try linking the cookie file to
/dev/null, but I'm not sure how happy would be your Netscape about that
move.

    Regards,

    Liviu Daia

--
Dr. Liviu Daia               e-mail:   daia(_at_)stoilow(_dot_)imar(_dot_)ro
Institute of Mathematics     web page: http://www.imar.ro/~daia