Re: PLZ, filtering out duplicates in mail folder

1999-03-27 14:51:52
On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Philip Guenther wrote:

Josin Etienne <josin(_at_)dimensional(_dot_)com> writes:
  i have a bunch of duplicates in my 'java' mail folder. i wanted to
  eliminate the dups, and store all msgs under a given size to a new
  empty folder.

[snip]

  listed below is the procmailrc i am using.  (let's name it 'foo')

  the command i am running is:

  procmail -m foo < java

  ------------------------------

[snip]

Don't forget the remove and/or truncate the msgid cache when you rerun
this, otherwise _everything_ will be a duplicate.

Thanks for all the pointers.  Things work real well now.   I found that
the invokation of procmail i was using [listed above between the 'snips']
would not work.

i had to use formail to split the folder into msgs and feed that to
procmail.  I am doing this from a shell script (which adds flexibility):

formail -s procmail -m \
    FOLDER_TO_PURGE="$FOLDER_TO_PURGE" \
            PURGED_FOLDER="$PURGED_FOLDER" \
                    CACHE_FILE="$CACHE_FILE" \
                            CACHE_SIZE="$CACHE_SIZE" \
                                    LOG_FILE="$LOG_FILE" \
                                            $PROCMAIL_RC_FILE < $FOLDER_TO_PURGE

is there a way to have procmail do the splitting itself ?  my understanding
is that the procmailrc executes commands for *each* mail msg.  but i
thought i would ask...

je

In Heaven there will be no DOS, no Intel, and above all, no Bill.