Re: rejecting message without a TO header.

1999-03-30 01:07:07

Thanks for gthe reply but since my domain is hosted on a friends machine
bandwidth not that big a concern for me.

--Jauder

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, era eriksson wrote:

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 23:10:03 -0800 (PST),
Jauder Ho <jauderho(_at_)carumba(_dot_)com> wrote:
 > I keep getting messages like this and invariably they are spam. Does
 > anyone have an idea on how to reject such mail?

Something like this I imagine:

    :0
    * ! ^To:
    spam

You could even go as far as to look for ! ^TO -- I believe this will
at least match the current flurry of To-less AOL spam (although I
haven't received any for a few days now, knock on wood). You could
actually couple this with something like ^From:(_dot_)*(_at_)aol\(_dot_)com\>
in order
to avoid false matches.

/* era */

And as usual, a vastly better alternative is to get your upstream to
reject it for you. The spam has already cost you money by the time it
reaches your .procmailrc.

--
.obBotBait: It shouldn't even matter whether     <http://www.iki.fi/era/>
I am a resident of the state of Washington.