procmail -c -- check .procmailrc?

1999-04-01 13:39:30
It hit me just now as I was fiddling with my .procmailrc and perl in close
time proximity.  Is there a program similar to "perl -c" that would
sanity-check a .procmailrc?

I suppose one could put
VERBOSE=yes sir
LOG=somefile

and then mail oneself a message just to see if procmail barfs on reading
the .procmailrc, but ...

Or maybe something along the lines of 'cdecl' -- you feed it a .procmailrc
and it translates into something close to english :)

"Messages sent to an address that contain the word
'BUGTRAQ(_at_)NETSPACE(_dot_)ORG'
will be saved to the 'bugtraq' folder"

"Messages sent to the address 'pine-info(_at_)u(_dot_)washington(_dot_)edu'
will be saved
to 'pine-info'"

"Messages with a header that does not match "^From:" will be saved to
'spam'"

"Messages with a header that matches the following conditions:
1
2
3
will be filtered through the program "lotusfilter".

"Messages with a header that matches ... " will have a copy saved to
'blah'.

What say?

-jeff
----
It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both
incisive and probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by
twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper.  -- Rod Serling