Re: procmail question

1999-04-02 18:50:49
On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, era eriksson wrote:

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999 06:54:33 -0800 (PST), "John D. Hardin"
<jhardin(_at_)wolfenet(_dot_)com> wrote:
 > On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, Philip Guenther wrote:
 >> Fetchmail has it's own code for handling multi-drop mailboxes which
 >> is a lot more reliable than trying to fake it up in procmail.
 > Mental image: Philip Guenther and Eric Raymond pointing at each other,
 > saying "*HE* does multidrop better!"

Mental image: Both of them pointing up in the sky, saying, do it the
way *HE* intended, then pointing at the upstream's sendmail.cf (or
probably something vaguely equivalent, as Sendmail is probably not the
MTA He endorses :-)

Hey guys, thanks for all the advice.  I read erin's faq cover-to-cover
and it's been tremendously informative.  I never even *knew* about
envelopes before this, I thought it was the headers that determined
everything...doh!

Warm Wishes,

--Mark

-----
It takes a smart husband to have the last word and not use it.
(Linux fortune)