procmail and correct-addr.rc

1999-04-12 17:06:31
Hi,

    I have migrated from an old email address to a new one, and
would like Procmail to help out with a little problem . . .

    I have no control over the old address, just that it is
forwarded to the new address.  I am currently using procmail to
filter this (forwarded) email into a folder (named Old).  But I want
to also send (a la vacation) a message back to the sender, telling
them the new email address and asking them to switch to it.

    I would like to use something similar to Alan Stebbens'
correct-addr.rc, but need to implement this on the -new- server.
Also, I only want it to run under the rule set for the "Old" folder.

    Has anyone done something similar to this?  I'm open to
suggestions :)

           Best, John.