Re: editing body of message with Formail

1999-04-19 23:21:37

David W. Tamkin wrote:

You have two options, Tom: either reattach those orphaned headers to the head
or delete the orphaned headers.  I'd go with the first, because then the copy
you keep will also have full correct headers.

 :0fwh
 * ^From:(_dot_)*me(_at_)work
 | formail -X ""  # space required between X and quotes
  :0ac
  ! mypager(_at_)pagenet(_dot_)net

If you want to go the second way,

 :0c:
 * ^From:(_dot_)*me(_at_)work
 $DEFAULT
  :0Afwb # remove first paragraph from body
  | sed 1,/^$/d
  :0a
  ! mypager(_at_)pagenet(_dot_)net

David,

Thank you for your assistance.  Your second recipe accomplishes what I want to
do
quite nicely.

The first recipe also worked for getting the required text to the pager, but
didn't
leave the original message body or the subject line in my inbox.

Thanks again,

Tom