formail syntax use

1999-04-23 15:38:38
Hello,

I am trying to use formail to extract each mail message
from a folder and save them to a seperate file or
pipe it into a mail program that will mail each message to
a new recipient.
I have written a korn shell script but cannot seem to split
the files.
How do I use formail to split the file and save them as a
seperate file to be piped into a mail program of my choice.

I tried
formail -s < mail_folder > AA.$$
This I thought should at least put the first message in
this file but it put the whole folder messages in the AA.$$
file.
What am I missing?

Thanks
Abi

Abi Nelson
Unix Systems Manager
Institute of Cancer Research,
237 Fulham Road, London SW3 6JB
Tel:  01718783839 or 01713528133 x5184
Fax: 01713523299
Email: a(_dot_)nelson(_at_)icr(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk