Re: Procmail and perl revisited

1999-05-06 05:44:01
era wrote:

On Thu, 6 May 1999 07:16:41 -0400 (EDT), Duncan Hill
<dhill(_at_)sunbeach(_dot_)net> wrote:
 > However, I have just realised that if I get 2 mails in the same
 > second, I'm up a creek.  Can anyone suggest a better method of what
 > I'm trying to do?

Pipes solve that too. Otherwise, you'd have to use a local lock file.
But chaning the script invocation so it reads data from stdin is much
better, and more elegant.

A lock file might still be a good idea, though, to deal with the
script output: if two messages arrive shortly after each other,
the script processes that are started might interfere with each
other when writing to the log file. (Or is there no danger
because each copy only writes one line?)

/HW