Re: Procmail and perl revisited

1999-05-06 09:59:56
On Thu, 6 May 1999, era eriksson wrote:

On Thu, 6 May 1999 14:30:52 +0200 (MET DST), Holger Wahlen

 > A lock file might still be a good idea, though, to deal with the
 > script output: if two messages arrive shortly after each other,

To me, that sounds overcautious. This depends, of course, on what the
script produces, but in this case, if I understood Duncan correctly,
there might at most be an error message or two written to standard

Correct.  I log the incoming body and then a one liner that says mail
delivered (or not).  I could make the perl do the locking, but I
really don't see the need for it.  This is hopefully a temporary
solution until we can work out a better way.  If we don't, then I'll
look at seriously proofing the script with locking etc.

--

Duncan Hill                     Sapere aude
One net to rule them all, One net to find them,