Re: mail archive

1999-05-10 01:50:45
On 09 May 1999 15:00:50 -0700, Harry Putnam <reader(_at_)newsguy(_dot_)com>
wrote:
I've had a major mishap with my laptop machine and lost my home dir
except for the dot files (thank the big boy for that).  There by
losing most of  the good responses I've been getting to my queries

First of all, you should be aware of the searchable archive of this
list at <http://www.rosat.mpe-garching.mpg.de/mailing-lists/procmail/>

5 O   May 09 procmail-reques (  39) archive retrieval: latest/20884
Of course the content is in there but from the subject line nothing
can be guessed about what it might be about.
Is there some trick technique to turn these back into there original
format?
I'm working on a a quick and ugly "awk" script to do the
transformation but wondered if procmail has tools for this.

I mostly process them from elisp or Perl but here's one I've used for
some time:

:0fhbw
* Subject: archive retrieval: latest/[0-9]+
| sed   -e '1,/BEGIN------------cut here-------------/d' \