mail archive

1999-05-09 15:18:58
I've had a major mishap with my laptop machine and lost my home dir
except for the dot files (thank the big boy for that).  There by
losing most of  the good responses I've been getting to my queries
here.  Not to mention wks and mnths of accumulated priceless files  : )

Wiped out my whole Gnus/Mail setup  except for the "rc" files (thanks
again), and any other directories and files that didn't have a dot in
front.

Must have been some kind of very fast and sloppy use of 'ls' when not
paying attention or something like that.

I've sent for and received the mail archives covering those messages
and many more.  Mucho thanks to archive maintainer.

Now for the snivel.  Those archives show up in this format on mutt or
gnus:

5 O   May 09 procmail-reques (  39) archive retrieval: latest/20884

Of course the content is in there but from the subject line nothing
can be guessed about what it might be about.

Is there some trick technique to turn these back into there original
format?

I'm working on a a quick and ugly "awk" script to do the
transformation but wondered if procmail has tools for this.

Or even better is there ftp access to this archive where a tar.gzed
package can be made on the fly?