How to send From: Subject: and body < 512 bytes to another program?

1999-05-13 09:07:24
Folks,

I am new to procmail and yet have to understand few things. However, my
need is simple as compared to what I have seen on the Procmail FAQs!
Somehow it is not working though.

I need to send all emails from root to a pager program. I have the
following in my .procmailrc. How can I send From: Subject: and Body < 512
bytes to my other program? Has anyone done this? The following egrep gets
me the From and Subject lines, but I am unable to get the body content.
Any insights, solutions, help?

:1Hbc
* ^From[ :].*root
| (egrep -e 'From:|Subject:') | /opt/epage/bin/pagerprogram -s unixsysadm -

Regards,

-Raj Yadav