Re: Detecting multiple To: headers?

1999-05-13 06:05:32
Same as before, except with the fix to the -1 scoring:

:0
* -1^0
*  1^1 ^To:
{ LOG = "There were $= To: lines." }

jcl

"jc" == John Conover <conover(_at_)inow(_dot_)com> writes:

jc> David W. Tamkin writes:
Justin Lloyd wrote,

| The first condition was just my way of making the recipe find messages with
| *multiple* To: lines.  The initial score of -1 made the first To: header
set
| the score to 0, keeping the recipe from immediately matching.  Details,
| details...  :)

That may have been your intention, Justin, but it was not your result.

* 0^-1

always scores zero no matter what.  That's why $= reported the total number
of To: lines instead of the number of extra To: lines when Era logged it.

To prejudice the score by -1, use this:

* -1^0

jc> So, what would the recipe be to detect multiple To: headers?

jc>     Thanks,

jc>     John

jc> --

jc> John Conover, 631 Lamont Ct., Campbell, CA., 95008, USA.
jc> VOX 408.370.2688, FAX 408.379.9602, whois '!JC154'
jc> conover(_at_)inow(_dot_)com, http://www2.inow.com/~conover/john.html

--
Justin C. Lloyd               Harris Corporation, ISD     Voice  407/984-5558
jlloyd(_at_)harris(_dot_)com             505 John Rodes Blvd.        Fax

"A standard doesn't have to be good, it just has to be good enough. The fact
that it is a standard more than makes up the difference." -- jwz