calling commands or scripts

1999-05-24 23:19:54

Probably a faq, but not finding this action.

Use procmail to start a script with out a pipe.
Something like this:

:0
* ^Subject: whatever-regexp
| sed '/find a certain line and print to file/' >FILE
Somehow start another program that does something with FILE.  Like
insert its contents at LINE in a different file.

The second program doesn't use procmail input directly.

Probably can be done in the first call to a program but haven't figured
out how to do that either.

What I'm really after here is to take specific input from a mail
message and insert it into an existing web page.

maybe something like:

:0b
* ^Subject: REGEXP
|sed '/take this input and insert it in a webpage,saving the new page
to old name/'