Re: Doing stuff according to the time?

1999-05-21 07:50:55
Thanks for your help, but I thought of an easy way just after I posted the
message.

I can use the date +%H command to find out the hour that the mail is
received, and act on this information.

This would be better, because if I receive an email from a different
country, (eg. Your Country), then the time is different to what it is
here.

Thanks again,

Steve.

--
Steven Clements
Final Year Mathematics and Computer Science Undergraduate
URL   : http://www.bigfoot.com/~steven_clements
E-mail: steven_clements(_at_)bigfoot(_dot_)com

On Fri, 21 May 1999, era eriksson wrote:

Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 17:29:52 +0300 (EET DST)
From: era eriksson <era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi>
To: Steve <spc2(_at_)ukc(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk>
Subject: [Steve] Re: Doing stuff according to the time?

On Fri, 21 May 1999 14:33:48 +0100 (BST), Steve
<spc2(_at_)ukc(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk>
wrote:
 > Is there an easy way of doing different things according to the time in
 > procmail?

The cheapest way is to do a regex check on the From_ line.

 > From procmail-request(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de  Fri May
                                                               ^^
Find a good regex for checking the time part here and when it's a
suitable value, do what you want to do.

There are numerous postings about this in the archives.