help! : procmail and .forward files

1999-05-27 10:19:51
(sorry if anybody received this message twice)

I'm trying to configure a .forward file to redirect emails into the
procmail program.

I looked at the mail filtering faq at:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/mail/filtering-faq/

and the tutorial (section 2.2) which suggests a .forward file,
consisting of:

"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/local/procmail -f- || exit 75 #username"

I checked that procmail was in that location, and set my username.
I then created the .procmailrc, ~/.procmail folders and then
~/procmail/rc.testing files:

.procmailrc
========

#Set on when debugging
VERBOSE=off

#Replace `mail' with your mail directory (Pine uses mail, Elm uses Mail)

MAILDIR=$HOME/mail

#Directory for storing procmail log and rc files
PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail

LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.testing
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.maillists

~/procmail/rc.testing

:0:
* ^Subject:.*test
IN.testing

After sending messages with and without test in their subject, no email
appeared in IN.testing or in my inbox.

Does anybody know why either procmail doesn't recieve the messages or
why (if it does), it doesn't do anything with them?

Regards,

Jonathan Rylands