My "moronic" autoresponder is broken...

1999-05-27 13:43:31
I have an autoresponder that detects forwarded messages from _known_ offenders
who continue to forward joke lists and other annoying things to me (these
people
also send me legitimate mail, so I don't want to filter them altogether).

Today, for some reason, there's a problem.  Messages are properly detected and
an autoreply is sent, but the body is empty (neither the reply.txt file nor the
original message body shows up in the reply).  Another similar autoresponder,
using the same formail flags, etc., works fine. Does anyone see a problem with
the recipe that may cause this?  Here it is (the names have been changed to
protect the innocent :-):

    :0
    * !^FROM_MAILER
    * ^Subject:[        ]*(FW|FWD):
    {
       :0 fhw
       | cat - /home/myaccount/.procmail/reply.txt

       :0
       | (formail -krfqp "" -A "Precedence: junk" -I "X-Mailer:
dale(_at_)elad(_dot_)com" \
       -I "From: Dale W. Neumann <dale(_at_)elad(_dot_)com>" \
       -i "Subject: A message about unwanted mail...") \
       | sendmail -t
    }

Server is running Procmail v3.13.1 on Red Hat Linux release 4.0, Kernel 2.1.8.

   Thanks,
   Dale