Re: Help with rule, please.

1999-05-28 13:57:54
Excerpts from mail: (28-May-99) Help with rule, please. by The Doctor What
I'm trying to filter on the following subject line:
Cron <root(_at_)gerf> (stuff I don't care about)

Note that gerf can be gerf, gerf.org, <host>.gerf.org

Here is my current rule:
### Cron Mail
:0
* $ ^Subject:$sCron$s<[^>]*gerf
maint.cron

I know this is something stupid...

Thanks for your help.

You haven't really given us enough information to help you properly, but I'll
see if I can fill in the gaps with my mental telepathy power. *concentrating*
Yes, I think I'm seeing something.... It's coming into focus...

$s defined to be "[     ]*", correct?

You probably just need to put parens around the first $s. Without the parens,
procmail thinks the variable name is $sCron which is probably undefined.

By the way, unless "maint.cron" is a directory, then you should probably be
using a local lockfile with that recipe. (I.e., change ":0" to ":0:".)

In the future when you have a receipe that you think should match but
doesn't, try turning on VERBOSE logging. It can help diagnose the problem.

Hope this helps,
Ed