Re: Help with rule, please.

1999-05-29 20:01:21
At 02:49 PM 5/29/99 -0500, David W. Tamkin noted:
Edward Sabol advised Doctor What,

S> You probably just need to put parens around the first $s. Without the
S> parens, procmail thinks the variable name is $sCron which is probably
S> undefined.

Stan Ryckman offered,

R> Or you can write ${s}Cron, which is probably (slightly) more efficient
R> than ($s)Cron.

One could also write $s(Cron) should one be so inclined.

My theory was/is that avoiding parentheses would make the regexp engine
have less processing to do, since an opening "(" might start an arbitrarily
complicated sub-regexp, but I confess to having not checked the code or timing.
It's probably not of much consequence though.

Cheers,
Stan