Re: URGENT: rejecting emails over xMB

1999-05-29 00:28:39
On 28 May 1999, Jerry Preeper <preeper(_at_)cts(_dot_)com> wrote:
[...]
Anyways, I need to find a way for procmail (or sendmail) to recognize
that there is some large attachment over xMB in size and then send
that person a nice message to contact me directly and dump the email.
My big fear is that while I was able to catch who is sending it this
time, is that it might happen again at a less opportune time.  And
more importantly, it needs to figure this out before it brings the
attachment into memory which is where the problem appears to be
caused.
[...]

    If it's ok to you to restrict messages by total size instead of
individual attachment sizes, you might try adding something like

        O MaxMessageSize=1024000

to your sendmail.cf.

    Regards,

    Liviu Daia

--
Dr. Liviu Daia               e-mail:   Liviu(_dot_)Daia(_at_)imar(_dot_)ro
Institute of Mathematics     web page: http://www.imar.ro/~daia