Re: URGENT: rejecting emails over xMB

1999-05-29 15:20:04

I finally had to turn procmail off last night so I could get some sleep.

This morning I added this line in sendmail.cf
O MaxMessageSize=10000000
to allow reasonably size messages through (I pretty regularly get some 5 -
7MB messages).

I also added the person sending this message email address to my
/etc/mail/access file
name(_at_)domain(_dot_)com         550 Contact Webmaster Immediately at
preeper(_at_)cts(_dot_)com

I have also emailed the person with info on an ftp account they can use,
but it's a holiday weekend and I doubt I'll get a response.  My real
problem is the outgoing mail server at their site that keeps trying to send
this huge message.

I ran newaccess and restarted sendmail with a  killall -1 sendmail and
turned procmail back on and this message still seems to be getting
processed by procmail.  The sending server keeps trying I assume because it
never finished successfully sending it (gee thanks).

I have procmail set as my local delivery agent in sendmail.cf like this

Mlocal,         P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=lsfSDFMAh5:/|qmn9, S=10/30, R=20/40,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -a $h -d $u

Running sendmail 8.9.2 and procmail 3.11pre7   (I'm going to try and
upgrade to both sendmail 8.9.3 and procmail 3.13.1 this weekend) on a
FreeBSD 2.2.8-Stable system.

I now have two questions (with procmail turned off again).  I read
somewhere there is a procmail_mailer_max flag that can possibly be used
with sendmail.

1) Can I somehow modify my sendmail setting just above to include this
option and if so how?

2) Since I know who this message is going to and who it is from, is there
an example of an rc file somewhere that will allow me to check for any
messages to this user and from the sender and if it is found, then skip all
the other rc files completely and just deliver the messag?  I'm guessing
all the processing of the rc files is probably where the system is
crashing?  At least this way I can stop this particular message until I
upgrade everything and get it all working right.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Jerry Preeper