Re: Procmail's compiling error (in _autotst.c)

1999-06-03 07:18:05

[Not sent to the procmail mailing list]

ai <nisah(_at_)ns2(_dot_)umcsd(_dot_)um(_dot_)edu(_dot_)my> writes:
      Thank you for the reply. For your info, I'm trying to compile
Procmail-3.13.1 . After I made all the changes that you told me to , I
reinstalled the procmail. But then these are what I get :

cc -O _autotst.c -o _autotst -s
./initmake: cc: not found

Is the Sun C compiler installed on this machine?  If so, where?  If
you're not sure, you can run the command "pkginfo -l SPROcc" and add
"/SUNWspro/bin" to the BASEDIR listed in the output.  For example, when
I run it, I get:

        lunen% pkginfo -l SPROcc
           PKGINST:  SPROcc
              NAME:  Sun WorkShop Compiler C 4.2
          CATEGORY:  application
              ARCH:  sparc
           VERSION:  4.2
           BASEDIR:  /usr/local/opt
            VENDOR:  SunSoft, a Sun Microsystems, Inc. Business
              DESC:  Sun WorkShop Compiler C 4.2
            PSTAMP:  970205072105-3563-80788aa8
          INSTDATE:  Jul 06 1998 17:32
            VSTOCK:  704-5751-10
           HOTLINE:  Please contact your local service provider
            STATUS:  completely installed
             FILES:    104 installed pathnames
                        49 shared pathnames
                        47 directories
                        24 executables
                      9124 blocks used (approx)

        lunen%

Adding "/SUNWspro/bin" gives a path of /usr/local/opt/SUNWspro/bin:

        lunen% ls /usr/local/opt/SUNWspro/bin
        cc                         rxm
        cc-4.2                     rxs

If the pkginfo command gives an error like:
        ERROR: information for "SPROcc" was not found

then the Sun C compiler is not installed and the cc binary you were
previously using was from some other compiler.  In which case, that
other compiler is presumably broken.

Philip Guenther