Re: search for keyword/delete paragraphs

1999-06-18 06:49:52
Era asked about my earlier suggestion for Tom Adler,

| (Or is there a shell with David's sed script, too? He promised he'd
| get back on this.)

As I left it, there would be, because it includes an asterisk.  A shell is
not needed for it, but the presence of the asterisk would invoke one anyway.
We can prevent that by temporarily unsetting SHELLMETAS (or resetting it to a
string that does not include an asterisk), but I want to save that for the
final version.  There still, even after Tom's follow-up, are some questions I
have about the text format of the weather warnings.

If the warning service had chosen a bullet character that is not also a shell
metacharacter, this factor wouldn't even come into play, so I consider it
peripheral and want to deal with it only after everything else is settled.
Unsetting SHELLMETAS is something to bring up last, like a decoration on a
cake.  First let's mix, bake, and frost the thing.

[Of course it's all Tom's own fault for living in an area with severe weather.]

DWT (fully mixed, fully frosted, half-baked, just a short drive south of Tom)