search for keyword/delete paragraphs

1999-06-17 15:20:54
I have two things that I wish to accomplish:

First, I would like to forward a copy of e-mails that contain a certain keyword
within the message body to an alphanumeric pager.  I subscribe to a weather
warning notification service and wish to forward only messages that contain,
within the body, the name of my county.

Second, after identifying such a message, I want to delete from the forwarded
copy any paragraphs that do not begin with an asterisk.  These paragraphs are
the ones containing the pertinent info, and since my pager is limited to about
200 characters I need to remove the extraneous stuff.

An alternate tactic would be to delete everything in the (forwarded) message
body prior to encountering the first asterisk.  Would this perhaps be simpler to
code?

Thank you,

Tom