SMTP Capturing

1999-06-16 14:20:24
Hello,

        I was wondering if there was a way to use procmail to save a copy of the
relayed mail
locally on the server?

For example: user john(_at_)doe(_dot_)com sends a mail relaying through
mail.mail.com
to the final
recipient, mary(_at_)lamb(_dot_)com(_dot_) Of course mail.mail.com has doe.com
in the relay
access list
and is using procmail as a local mailer (being a local mailer may not have
anything to do with this).

Now on mail.mail.com, john(_at_)doe(_dot_)com come in SMTP. I would like
procmail to
take that message
and store a copy of it locally on mail.mail.com and then send it out to
mary(_at_)lamb(_dot_)com as
intended without any destruction of the original mail message.

Can procmail do this or does this require another mail program or maybe
even simply some
sendmail rewriting rules? I would like to use procmail if all possible.

Thanks for you help.

Dan