Re: SMTP Capturing

1999-06-16 17:51:21
On 16 June 1999, Dan <dan(_at_)madspace(_dot_)com> wrote:
Hello,

      I was wondering if there was a way to use procmail to save a
copy of the relayed mail locally on the server?
[...]
Can procmail do this or does this require another mail program or
maybe even simply some sendmail rewriting rules? I would like to use
procmail if all possible.

    Procmail is a _delivery_ agent.  Unless you play some dirty tricks
with sendmail rewrite rules, it won't even "see" the relayed messages.

    Now, AFAIK there's no way (well, at least no simple one) to do that
with sendmail either.  If you want to play Big Brother with people
relaying messages through your machine, your best bet is probably to
replace sendmail with Postfix:

        http://www.postfix.org/

(look for something called "always_bcc").  Actually, switching from
sendmail to Postfix might be a good idea even unrelated to your Big
Brother complexion. ;-)

    Regards,

    Liviu Daia

--
Dr. Liviu Daia               e-mail:   Liviu(_dot_)Daia(_at_)imar(_dot_)ro
Institute of Mathematics     web page: http://www.imar.ro/~daia