1999-06-15 17:59:31

Looking through the formail man page, it isn't coming home to me how
to add a "Delivered-To: " header.  All I want is to add an easily
identifed  header to mail that is being forwarded from one machine to
another.

So that mail sent to :

reader(_at_)place1
reader(_at_)place2
reader(_at_)place3

Can be forwarded from those machines with a header added to make them
easily filterable when they arrive at:
reader(_at_)newsguy(_dot_)com

Most of the time this is accomplished by filtering on the "To: " header,
but in those cases where the "To " address, for one reason or another
is not present, then it becomes a project to filter them.  Much easier
to just add a header at the forwarding end.

I haven't actually tried any recipes yet, so no log activity to report.
Just wasn't very sure how it would work, or if some other header would
be better or not breach any practices or whatever.

Also, hard to see how to put formail to work, with out some examples.