Re: Delivered-To: [adding it]

1999-06-17 11:14:56
On 17 Jun 1999, Harry Putnam wrote:

Liviu Daia <Liviu(_dot_)Daia(_at_)imar(_dot_)ro> writes:

I want to do this:

[Incoming Internet mail] ==> [Machine 1 forwards to] => [machine 2]

At machine1 add, something innocuous to make mail easily identifiable
at machine 2.  So that recipient[s] at machine 2 can tell the mail was
first delivered to machine 1.

    Ok, that's a completely different problem than your initial question
--- and it has nothing to do with procmail.  Basically, you need some
ugly (and quite inefficient) hacks to sendmail rewriting rules.  I never
tried that myself, but people claim to have found valuable informations
about that on:

My question has remained the same from the initial post.  But I see
Era has supplied the answer I was after.  An easy way to
ident. messages that have been forwarded from certain accounts to
reader(_at_)newsguy(_dot_)com(_dot_)

Ugly, inefficient hacks to rewriting rules?

How about:

HX-Delivered-Via: machine1(_at_)example(_dot_)com

(Bat book 2nd. ed., ch 35. pg 775)

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ
jhardin(_at_)wolfenet(_dot_)com